Grants & Awards Overview
ASAB provides a number of grants to support research, teaching, ASAB conference attendance, and interdisciplinary workshops. We also recognise excellence in teaching and research with our awards.
A Few Pointers
Each year the Grants & Awards Committee receives over 200 applications and enquiries for ASAB's various schemes. Although we encourage you to read the guidelines specific to each scheme, here are some general pointers.
- Please ensure you are eligible for a scheme before you apply. In the case of Research Grants, please note that all applicants must have been members of ASAB for a minimum of 1 year prior to application for funds (dated from postmark on the membership application).
- ASAB Conference Grants are only available for conferences in which ASAB is involved as organiser. We do not support travel to non-ASAB conferences.
- You must justify the funding you apply for. We require a full breakdown of costs, with reasons for each.
- Applications should be submitted by email to the Secretary of the Grants & Awards Committee (Education Grant applications should be sent to the Education Officer).
- Also ensure that your referees' statements are sent, via email, to the Secretary of the Grants & Awards Committee before the deadline.
Conflicts of interest
To avoid potential conflict of interests between applicants and committee members, a committee member will not rank an application if he/she: (a) shares a current affiliation with the applicant(s), and/or (b) has co-authored five or more research articles with the applicant(s).
If you are unsure about any aspect of an ASAB grant or award, please contact the Secretary of the Grants & Awards Committee.